As this year comes to a close and a new year and decade begin, we wish you all the good things you worked for and wish for yourself. Living is the greatest gift there is. There is no owner manual. You write your own as you proceed. We wish for you that the next chapter you write is as adventurous and fulfilling as you hope it will be.
I consider myself one of the luckiest people in the world. There are many things that deserve and have my gratitude. In particular, in this season of giving thanks, five things that I am grateful for are:
- My family. They allow me to be the person I am and give me meaning and purpose.
- My clients. They give me opportunity and trust me in our collaborations.
- My community of friends. They help me grow and enrich my life with significance.
- My teachers. They remind me I’ve only just begun and challenge me to new developments.
- Acts of kindness. They make life possible. I was helped by a million acts of kindness, by many people on many occasions, many of whom were strangers. Some helped my next step. Some opened a door that was locked. Some brought comfort. Some rescued me when I was at the end of my rope. Some have literally saved my life. I am here today because of a million acts of kindness. Thank you.
© Aviv Shahar